Modimaz Engineers offers, 'Maxitorq' Electromagnetic Tension Control Brakes and Clutches.
These are continuous slip-type tensions control brakes and are much cheaper then Magnetic Particle brakes, which are used for similar applications.
Due to changing weight and diameter of a spool while being wound or unwound, the material on the spool tends to sag or break due to varying tension.
With use of our continous slip type tension brake, the tension being applied on the spool or drum is varied continously to prevent the sagging or braking of the material. The torque being applied by the brake is varied by varying the voltage being applied to the brake.
The salient Features of our Tension brakes are:
- Heavy Duty Thick walled construction for long life.
- Heavy duty armature is specially hardened for wear resistance and embedded in Aluminium Heat Sink for better heat disspiation.
- Easy installation with provision for directly mounting the brake on the shaft or on a pulley of sprocket or drum.
- The brakes are fitted with High Torque, Durable and Temperature Stable friction lining.
- The Friction lining is specially designed to work with continuos slippage.
- Epoxy resing bonded vibration proof coil with F-class insulation
- Slotted armature for greater torque stability.
- Pre-loaded springs for residual torque free release.
- High operating frequency, low inertia and fast uniform response time.
- This is a very low cost and economical solution as compared to magnetic particle brakes etc. which are used for similar applications.
- Simple power supply unit with provision to manually vary the voltage is also available.